[j-nsp] SRX100 for dual 100M uplink routing network in packet mode.

Michel de Nostredame d.nostra at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 16:42:56 EST 2012

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 12:09 AM, 叶雨飞 <sunyucong at gmail.com> wrote:
> 11.4 actually, sorry!
>
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 11:56 PM, 叶雨飞 <sunyucong at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thx,  i am mostly disappointed in their implementation of nat/ipsec
>> require flow processing, it's totally unnecessary!  i hate session
>> tables too!
>>
>> Although i heard horrible things about boot time on lower level srx
>> devices, it claims to need 5 minutes to boot up.  how is yours ?I'm
>> mostly interested in boot time under 10.4 (jtac recommend version)

Although I have some other SRX devices as firewall in production
environment, but I actually have no chance to frequently reboot them
that I have no real feeling about bootup time.

During lunch, I had a little time to play with this SRX100 and
upgraded it to 11.4 R5.5. It took like forever to bootup, compares to
SSG5 (ScreenOS 6.3).

It took 3 mins 10+ secs to be able to display login prompt on serial
console (but actually not able to login at this moment). And another 1
min few secs to bring up interfaces (the interface started to blink,
and able to login at this moment.)

There is only my account, interface ip, default route, and permit all
from trust to untrust zone rule inside the box... not sure how long it
will take to bootup if I put many rules/policies in config.

--
Michel~