[j-nsp] Detecting OSPF packet drops

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Nov 28 17:02:57 EST 2012

On (2012-11-28 22:30 +0100), sthaug at nethelp.no wrote:

> Probably not. The MX80 has a significantly underpowered RE CPU. Bad
> enough that we have basically stopped buying MX80s, mostly for that
> reason alone.

I'm quite worried if we are able to use MX80 long time enough due to the
RE, so I can fully understand your decision.

RSP720 is lower spec pq3 than MX80 yet it runs circles around MX80 in terms
of convergence and scale. In fact when I heard about MX80, I wasn't worried
about RE performance at all, top-of-the-line pq3, faster than RSP720,
should suffice no problems, how naive I was.

--
  ++ytti