[j-nsp] rib-group requirement for master rib

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Wed Nov 28 19:39:44 EST 2012

Hi All,

I have a requirement for performing Filter-based Forwarding on traffic that is ingressing via a routing-instance (instance-type virtual-router):

show routing-options:

interface-routes {
    rib-group inet FBF-PBR;
}

rib-groups {
    FBF-PBR {
        import-rib [ CUSTOMER-A.inet.0 FBF-PBR.inet.0 ];
    }
}

Problem I have is that I can't seem to commit without including inet.0 in the rib-group:

root at srx240-lab# commit check
[edit routing-options interface-routes]
  'rib-group'
    FBF-PBR: primary rib for instance master was not found in ribgroup configuration.
error: configuration check-out failed

Putting inet.0 in the rib-group isn't desirable, as it exposes direct routes into the RI which I'm trying to hide in the first place.  is there a better/different way to be doing this?

Cheers,

Ben