[j-nsp] Juniper OAC Home Settings

Mike Devlin gossamer at meeksnet.ca
Wed Oct 3 17:11:40 EDT 2012

Hi Rehan,

If my memory serves me right, this is a Windows restriction, where it will
only allow one service to manage the wireless connections.  I remember
trying to get OAC working for the office, and Windows for home on both
Windows XP Pro, and Windows 7, where I eventually just gave up, and used
OAC for everything.  I was actively switching between the 2 services at one
point in this effort, but it did require local admin privileges on the
laptop, and it was not something the average user would find simple.

Given that this was over a year ago that i gave up the effort, i wouldnt be
able to tell you off the top of my head what exactly i was doing, but it
did involve accessing the "Services" under Administrative Tools in the
Control Panel of Windows every time i wanted to switch between OAC and
Windows.

Hope that helps,

Mike