[j-nsp] Dynamic Profiles Question

Caillin Bathern caillinb at commtelns.com
Fri Oct 5 11:26:52 EDT 2012

Hi Everyone,

I am playing around with subscriber management on 12.2R1.3 MX series in
the lab at the moment and I have a question about the RI variable.

https://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos12.2/topics/reference/config
uration-statement/routing-instances-edit-dynamic-profiles.html

This link says that I can configure a static routing instance name
rather than using the $junos-routing-instance variable yet I am finding
I cannot configure this.  Does anyone know how this can be done?

I also cannot find a way to set a default for the junos-routing-instance
variable which would be an alternative.  Does anyone know how this can
be done?

[edit]

admin at MX5T# set dynamic-profiles test routing-instances ?

Possible completions:

  $junos-routing-instance  Dynamic profile routing instance name

+ apply-groups         Groups from which to inherit configuration data

+ apply-groups-except  Don't inherit configuration data from these
groups

[edit]

admin at MX5T# set dynamic-profiles test routing-instances internet

^

syntax error.

admin at MX5T# set dynamic-profiles test routing-instances internet

I am also seeing some odd behaviour with vlan rewrite/push/pop/bridging
when using dynamic profiles and vlan auto-configuration.  Has anyone
else had issues here or have any recommendations?

Regards,

Caillin