[j-nsp] Assigning Forwarding Class and DSCP Value for Routing Engine–Generated Traffic

Wayne Tucker wayne at tuckerlabs.com
Wed Oct 10 11:53:15 EDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 5:18 AM, Huan Pham <drie.huanpham at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos10.0/information-products/topic-collections/config-guide-cos/cos-assigning-fc-dscp-to-re-pkts.html
>
> Once I apply the Firewall Filter with QoS term on loopback interface, it
> does not seem to change the default behaviour.
>
> I tried  host-outbound-traffic  feature, which assign a forwarding class,
> and I can set DSCP for all traffic generated by RE, which works as it says,
> but I want a finer control.

Which revision are you running?  I believe this requires one of the
11.x releases on the MX(5|10|40|80).

> *This behaviour is not what I expected. Does anyone experience the same
> issue, please?*

I was able to get it working for everything except PPM generated
traffic (BFD, etc) which always went into the same queue.  I've
changed jobs since then so I don't have ready access to the configs I
used, but I believe the MX was one of the platforms where I ran into
trouble if I tried to use anything other than queue #3 for nc traffic.

Have you tried capturing the traffic from a different box?  It's
possible that the RE sees the traffic before the rewrite occurs.

:w