[j-nsp] WAN input prioritization on MX

Serge Vautour sergevautour at yahoo.ca
Sun Oct 14 13:06:37 EDT 2012

Humm. My understand, at least with the command sets I'm use to using, is that you do classification on ingress and then queuing and marking on egress. When you do classification, the packets are assigned to a  "Forwarding Class (FC)" inside the box. This makes sure the box gives those packets proper treatment inside the box and that the packets get assigned to the proper egress interface queue. While the packets exit the queue (based on egress schedulers), the packet QoS headers are remarked.

Basically, this diagram:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/images/g017213.gif

Packets travel through the box based on the outer boxes following the solid lines. The dotted lines all point to or from the FC to identify how the decision is made.

Serge