[j-nsp] delay-buffer in Juniper

Huan Pham drie.huanpham at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 15:40:33 EDT 2012

Hi Serge,

You raised a good point. The behaviour in this case could be infact hardware dependent. I am testing on an MX5 (MX80 with 5G license, OS version 11.2 I think). I have not tested on other hardware platforms.

Please note that according to the doc I sent before, my interpretation is that the rate-limit command only kicks in when there is congestion with traffic from othr classes!!! This means we need to test with a lot of traffic in other queues to see the effect ( rate is capped for the class that is subject to "rate-limit" command).

I only tested with one traffic source to show that I can use "unused bandwidth", and send more than the "capped rate". That behavior is the same as documented.

Thanks,

HP