[j-nsp] port mirror to multiple ports on MX80 in inet6

Paul Vlaar paul at vlaar.net
Fri Oct 19 04:49:47 EDT 2012

Alex,

On 19/10/12 7:33 AM, Alex Arseniev wrote:
> You could do cascaded PM. In a nutshell:
> 1/ port-mirror original packet, send the original packet on its way
> 2/ send the COPY into a loop (cable loop or looped tunnel)
> 3/ take the looped COPY and mirror it once again, creating 2nd copy.
> 4/ send 1st copy and 2nd copy on their respective ways.

The problem I see there is how do you configure the [ port-mirroring
family inet6 ] section with a different output interface on the second
run once you hit the port-mirror statement in the firewall rule.

forwarding-options {
    port-mirroring {
        family inet6 {
            output {
                interface ge-1/3/2.0 {
                    next-hop fdb5:1281:f3cf:c7c4::2;
                }
                no-filter-check;
            }
        }
    }
}

Can you perhaps send me some example config on how to do this?

What strikes me is that the lack of next-hop-groups for inet6 feels like
a software limitation.

   ~paul