[j-nsp] Juniper MX5 vs Brocade CER

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+junipernsp at eintellego.net
Sun Oct 21 21:55:33 EDT 2012

Hey all,

I have a customer asking us about upgrading their border routers.  They
currently use Cisco 7200's.

We obviously have been recommending Juniper, but they've been looking
around and have come back to us asking us about the Brocade CER200-RT units.

By the specs and price, they certainly look good, but they are asking us
'why not' ?

So beyond all the website/vendor marketing hype... is there anything that
people have had experience with that would help me guide them towards
Juniper?  Or are these units just too good to beat?

...Skeeve
*

*
*Skeeve Stevens, CEO - *eintellego Pty Ltd
skeeve at eintellego.net ; www.eintellego.net

Phone: 1300 753 383; Cell +61 (0)414 753 383 ; skype://skeeve

facebook.com/eintellego ;  <http://twitter.com/networkceoau>
linkedin.com/in/skeeve

twitter.com/networkceoau ; blog: www.network-ceo.net

The Experts Who The Experts Call