[j-nsp] Juniper MX5 vs Brocade CER

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Mon Oct 22 06:45:07 EDT 2012

On (2012-10-22 08:57 +0100), Darren O'Connor wrote:

> CER-RT supports 1.5 million IPv4 in FIB, MX only does 1 million. However the CER-RT uses a slightly slower ram to hold these routes as opposed to TCAM for it's MLX/XMR bigger brothers. I'm not 100% sure what the performance knock for this is as I've not done extensive testing.

MX5 is Trio based platform so it has 256MB RLDRAM for FIB. It can hold
significantly more than 1.5M routes. And it's unlikely you're going to be
unhappy with FIB scaling on MX5, you're going to be hit by control-plane
scaling first.
MX5 does have TCAM in LU, but it's not used for anything, AFAIK.

--
  ++ytti