[j-nsp] MX80 no more hash-key option in 12.2?

Paul Vlaar paul at vlaar.net
Mon Oct 22 18:36:35 EDT 2012

I just upgraded one of our MX80s to 12.2R1.3, and the following occurs:

mx80# show forwarding-options
[...]
##
## Warning: configuration block ignored: unsupported platform (mx80-48t)
##
hash-key {
    family inet {
        layer-3;
        layer-4;
    }
    family inet6 {
        layer-3;
        layer-4;
    }
}

It's accepted and works as expected on 11.2R3.3. Anybody else ran into
this? Documentation doesn't suggest it moved elsewhere:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos12.2/topics/usage-guidelines/policy-configuring-per-packet-load-balancing.html

"To include port data in the flow determination, include the family inet
statement at the [edit forwarding-options hash-key] hierarchy level:

[edit forwarding-options hash-key]
family inet {
    layer-3;
    layer-4;