[j-nsp] MX80 no more hash-key option in 12.2?

Paul Vlaar paul at vlaar.net
Tue Oct 23 03:38:43 EDT 2012

On 23/10/12 12:59 AM, Doug Hanks wrote:
> hash-key = DPC (should never been been on or used on the MX80 - doesn't
> even do anything when configured)
>

> enhanced-hash-key = MPC (which works on the MX80 as it's based on Trio)

mx80# set family inet ?
Possible completions:
+ apply-groups         Groups from which to inherit configuration data
+ apply-groups-except  Don't inherit configuration data from these groups
  incoming-interface-index  Include incoming interface index in the hash key
  no-destination-port  Omit IP destination port in the hash key
  no-source-port       Omit IP source port in the hash key
  type-of-service      Include TOS byte in the hash key
[edit forwarding-options enhanced-hash-key]

I can only negate layer-4 information in the settings for that, does
this imply that hashing on source / destination port is now the default
even when I leave this setting out completely?

So if I leave out any enhanced-hash-key setting, I can assume that
traffic is hashed based on IP address, source and destination port?

And does this mean ...

services-loadbalancing {
	family inet layer-3-services {
	incoming-interface-index;
	source-address;
	}
}

... that only IPv4 based ECMP hashing is supported across the different
PICs?

Thanks,

	~paul