[j-nsp] MX80 no more hash-key option in 12.2?

Paul Vlaar paul at vlaar.net
Tue Oct 23 11:56:05 EDT 2012

Hi Magno,

that clarifies things a bit more for me, thank you.

However, am I right to conclude that I still need the hash-key stanza
for our 11.2 MX80s to make IPv6 source/destination hashing work for load
balancing?

As for what I am trying to do, well, that is pretty simple. We have ECMP
for a number of IPv4 /32 and IPv6 /128 addresses setup via BGP within
our own network, to 32 servers. We want to have load balancing across
these servers for these addresses, and the hashing algorithm should
cause UDP to be distributed per packet, but TCP to be distributed
according to a src_ip:src_port:dst_ip:dst_port hash.

Thank you,

	~paul