[j-nsp] How reliable is EX multichassis? 3300 and 8200 switches

Luca Salvatore Luca at ninefold.com
Tue Oct 30 20:44:06 EDT 2012

I'm just playing around with this now since I have a few new EX switches not in production just yet
Have a pretty simple setup with two EX4500 in VC connected to another two EX4500 in VC mode.  I'm running OSPF between them.

I rebooted the master member while running a ping an it took around 40 seconds to come back up. I noticed that my OSPF  adjacency went down and the delay was waiting for the OSPF neighbours to come back up.

I  have:
nonstop-routing configured under routing options
graceful-switchover configured under chassis redundancy
nonstop-bridging configured under ethernet-switching-options

Would graceful-restart be a better config than non-stop routing?

Luca