[j-nsp] DHCP relay between VRF's on an MX5?

Gordon Smith gordon at gswsystems.com
Mon Sep 3 18:55:33 EDT 2012

 Hi all,

 I'm not too sure what I'm doing wrong here....

 I have several VRF's, and want to pass dhcp requests to another vrf...

 VRF config:

 instance-type vrf;
 interface ge-1/1/0.512;
 interface ge-1/1/0.602;
 interface ge-1/1/0.2064;
 interface ge-1/1/0.2068;
 interface ge-1/1/0.2072;
 interface ge-1/1/0.2076;
 interface ge-1/1/0.2080;
 interface vt-1/2/10.1 {
     multicast;
 }
 interface lo0.107;
 route-distinguisher 56263:107;
 provider-tunnel {
     rsvp-te {
         label-switched-path-template {
             default-template;
         }
     }
 }
 vrf-import import-c1-ivpn;
 vrf-export export-c1-ivpn;
 vrf-target target:56263:107;
 vrf-table-label;
 routing-options {
     static {
         route 0.0.0.0/0 {
             next-hop 10.102.0.14;
             no-readvertise;
         }
     }
     multicast {
         ssm-groups 239.27.0.0/16;
     }
     auto-export;
 }
 forwarding-options {
     helpers {
         bootp {
             relay-agent-option;
             server 10.27.1.16 routing-instance corp;
             interface {
                 ge-1/1/0.2072 {
                     broadcast;
                 }
             }
         }
     }
 }

 From what I can tell from the docs, this should be all I need to pass
 the request to the correct vrf.
 Or I can use dhcp-relay, and build a firewall filter and rib groups,
 since I believe that dhcp-relay is passed to the RE for processing...

 A tcpdump on the interface confirms that the router is receiving
 discover packets, but they aren't reaching their destination.

 I'd appreciate any suggestions on this one... router is running
 11.2R7.4

 Cheers,
 Gordon