[j-nsp] MX480 BRAS Capabilities

salman sadiq salmanravian at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 03:09:21 EDT 2012

Dear Experts,
             We are planning to deploy MX480 router as our BRAS for IPoE. I
have the following queries to start with

- we have two types of service offerings based on VLAN tagging. Prepaid and
Postpaid. The vlan is returned from the radius server and the subscriber
circuit is bound to a different virtual router based on provisioning in the
radius server. The radius server returns the VLAN as well as the virtual
router the circuit is to be bound with. The virtual router in return
proxies subscriber DHCP discover to get the IP address. Is this possible
with MX480?

- Similarly we have accounting for prepaid and postpaid going to different
radius servers. Can we achieve this with MX480.

In short I need to evaluate the how flexible is MX480 virtual features.
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.