[j-nsp] Ethernet switching/bridging on SRX High-End

Dale Shaw dale.shaw+j-nsp at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 04:14:22 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm trying to find a way to use an srx3400 as an intermediate box to
provide L2 connectivity between a couple of EX switches and a J2320.
This is just a short-term arrangement to get me out of a bind. If I
can't do it, it's not a big deal, I'll dig up a 3rd switch.

Essentially I want to use the srx3400 as a basic switch, so that the
two EX switches' uplinks and the J's LAN-facing port are in the same
broadcast domain. I want to use three ge- interfaces to accomplish the
task.

    [SRX]--[J2320]
    /   \
   /     \
  |       |
[EX1]   [EX2]

The obvious feature seems to be bridge-domains (as
"ethernet-switching" isn't supported on SRX-HE) but it doesn't look
like I can run it if the SRX is in 'route mode'.

I'm running JUNOS 10.0R4 on the SRX.

Clues?

cheers,
Dale