[j-nsp] SRX - tap mode?

William McLendon wimclend at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 11:33:21 EDT 2012

hi everyone,

do SRX firewalls support a "tap mode" installation?  Really just looking at it for purposes of evaluation of IDP functionality where tap mode would be the least intrusive method to see data vs having to put it inline (and then deal with the inevitable "you put a device inline and now XYZ doesn't work!")

I seem to recall that they do not, and they have to be installed in L3 mode or in Transparent mode, but was hoping I may have missed the feature in a release note somewhere.

Thanks,

Will