[j-nsp] SNMP interface counters ... not counting

Tom Storey tom at snnap.net
Thu Sep 13 18:28:05 EDT 2012

Hi all.

I upgraded my SRX100 to 12.1 (specifically R2.9) about a month and a
half ago. On Sunday I went to look at my mrtg graphs and noticed that
for about the past 5 weeks or so no traffic has been recorded.

I looked into my mrtg config to make sure it was ok (Im using
interface name instead of ifIndex to reference my interfaces), and
tried a couple of snmpwalk's from the CLI, and all seems ok, and I can
return data.

Then I noticed something odd. Although the interface counters have
values, indicating they must have been counting at some stage, the
values are basically stuck in time.

Running successive snmpget's for one particular interface just returns
the same values over and over, despite the fact it is carrying data
for the snmp query.

I tried to restart the snmp daemon, but no change. So I rebooted the
device and it started working again.

Now, exactly 3 days later, it has stopped again.

Has anyone else experienced this and know of a fix besides reboot or
perhaps a downgrade? Theres nothing in particular that I need from
this release, but it would still be annoying.

Thanks,
Tom