[j-nsp] Full mesh with SRX cluster for L2 devices downstream

Morgan McLean wrx230 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 06:22:44 EDT 2012

Hi,

Just curious if anybody knew of a way to create a full mesh on SRX clusters
that don't support layer 2 RSTP, ie SRX3400 cluster?

At present, a reth1 group we use hosts gateways for different environments,
and there is a 10gig port on node 0 and a 10gig port on node 1. Considering
we have mesh links everywhere else, and have two core switches downstream
from the SRX cluster, this is a bit of a bottle neck and makes it so we
have Node 0 to switch a, node 1 to switch b with no mesh.

It would be really nice if say for reth0, it would prefer xe-2/0/0, then
xe-2/0/1 before switching to node 1, which would also have xe-14/0/0 and
xe-14/0/1. I coud then have 0/0 go to switch a and 0/1 go to switch b. I
don't know if this is posible, not sure as I haven't seen any config
examples of anything remotely close. All I've seen is two reth groups with
different subnets, which doesn't really help. If both interfaces failed of
course I could see each interface to a weight of 128 so they would trip a
failover, but I don't think thats the issue here :).

Is it just not possible? Maybe I'm blind?

Morgan