[j-nsp] Tacacs on Junos

Tom Storey tom at snnap.net
Sun Sep 16 10:38:33 EDT 2012

When you set the password on the Juniper, did you by any chance
enclose the password text in "", e.g. "password" ?

If you did, the "" is encoded as part of the password, rather than
suggesting "everything inside quotes is the password" like it does
with other things (like interface descriptions.)

I hit that little doozy when I was configuring TACACs for the first
time, so thought I'd throw it out there.

Tom