[j-nsp] [c-nsp] Broadband Model suggestion?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Mon Sep 17 01:25:32 EDT 2012

On Wednesday, July 18, 2012 10:17:15 AM Miquel van
Smoorenburg wrote:

> Disadvantage of both PPPoE and VLAN-per-customer: no
> effective multicast (unless you run that in a seperate
> second shared-VLAN).

In our consideration, Multicast would have been a separate
shared VLAN, as it then allows you to run PPPoE for Unicast
access on a separate set of core infrastructure if it were
really necessary, against the same last mile.

But even if Multicast and DHCP Unicast were running on the
same edge router, I'd likely still separate both traffic
types into different VLAN's.

Mark.