[j-nsp] Tacacs on Junos

Dave Bell me at geordish.org
Mon Sep 17 10:19:35 EDT 2012

On 17 September 2012 15:04, Mohammad Khalil <eng.mssk at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was expecting that adding a user and password on the tacacs server and
> adding server related parameters on the device will be enough such as on
> Cisco ? why should I configure a user on the router itself ?!

The users aren't users as such, they are more privilege classes.

We for instance configure a 'noc' user, which contains all the
permissions our NOC would require when logging into a device. All
users that then log in are given the permissions of this 'noc' user.

The following URL should help you with the full configuration:
http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB17269

Regards,
--
Dave