[j-nsp] clear license related system alarms on M10i platform

Martin T m4rtntns at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 07:05:53 EDT 2012

Hi,

I had "dhcp-relay" configuration active on M10i(10.4R9.2). This
feature requires "scale-subscriber" license. I replaced "dhcp-relay"
configuration with "helpers bootp" configuration. However, the "show
system license" and "show system alarms" still indicate that I'm using
"dhcp-relay" feature:

root at M10i> show system license
License usage:
                                 Licenses     Licenses    Licenses    Expiry
  Feature name                       used    installed      needed
  scale-subscriber                     28            0          28    invalid

Licenses installed: none

root at M10i> show system alarms
1 alarms currently active
Alarm time               Class  Description
2012-09-28 10:50:37 UTC  Minor  Dynamic/Static Subscriber Base Feature
usage requires a license

root at M10i> show dhcp relay binding
warning: dhcp-service subsystem not running - not needed by configuration.

root at M10i> show dhcp relay statistics
warning: dhcp-service subsystem not running - not needed by configuration.

root at M10i>

According to "show chassis alarms" documentation one can not clear
alarms for chassis components:
"You cannot clear the alarms for chassis components. Instead, you must
remedy the cause of the alarm."

If I remember correctly, it's possible by restarting chassisd process,
but this interrupts some other important processes as well like rpd.
However, what about "show system alarms"? Is there a way to clear
those without affecting any other vital processes? In the first place,
why are "scale-subscriber" license related alarms active while I have
removed feature configuration?

regards,
Martin