[j-nsp] MX - Changing MAC address on different unit of the same interface

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Fri Apr 5 12:59:53 EDT 2013

> I've tried to find a solution but I'm afraid I've reached a dead-end : Is
> it possible to fix the MAC address on a aggregated interface PER UNIT? The
> "mac" command is available at interfaces level, not unit.
> JunOS version is 11.4

No, this is not possible (and why would you need it?). If you think
about this for a moment, it would require the ability to have 16k or
so MAC addresses per physical interface. Highly unrealistic.

If you need equipment that handles lots of different MAC addresses per
physical interface, you need to buy an Ixia tester or similar...

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no