[j-nsp] Speed

Johan Borch johan.borch at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 21:46:12 EDT 2013

Hi

This issue is somewhat off topic :)

I have a 1Gbps wavelenght from a supplier (1310), the RTT is about 8ms and
whatever I do I can't get more than 25-40 Mbps from a single session
(iperf, 64K ws, 2 x windows 8, same result with linux clients, same with
http and ftp tests). I can get up to 1Gbps using multiple sessions (10
sessions and window size of 128K), but should'nt I be able to get more out
of a single session with a RTT of only 8ms? The performance is the same if
I use 2 switches and the clients directly connected as if i use routers
between. Any idea what it could be?

Regards
Johan