[j-nsp] Config changes on VC with member down

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Thu Apr 11 18:13:42 EDT 2013

On 11/04/2013, at 10:08 PM, Luca Salvatore <Luca at ninefold.com> wrote:

> HI,
> Quick question just for my own sanity :-/
>
> If i make some config changes on a VC when one of the members is down, what happens to the config on the down member when it comes back up?  I'm assuming it will just sync with the master right?

That won't be a problem.  Your Master and Backup REs keep the configuration for all members, so any changes will be pushed out when the down member is re-joined/replaced.

Check this out if you need more detailed information on the process:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos/topics/task/installation/virtual-chassis-ex4200-member-replacing-cli.html

Cheers,

Ben