[j-nsp] SRX Logical Systems and CPU control

Mark Menzies mark at deimark.net
Fri Apr 12 12:23:31 EDT 2013

Anyone had any experience on this especially with regards to setting the
cpu-contol-target and individual cpu-reserved for each LSYS.

At present I have an SRX 3600 running LSYS and am likely to have around
10-15 LSYS in total.

I have cpu-control-target set to 80 am looking for suggestiins for the
cpu-reserved in the LSYS security profile.  Is 5% a reasonable start for
the reserved CPU?

I am happy with limiting the sessions, zones, policies etc but just looking
to make sure I am in the right ball park for the CPU stuff.

TIA

Mark