[j-nsp] CoS Configuration

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Sun Apr 14 18:11:02 EDT 2013

On 14/04/2013, at 1:32 PM, Giuliano Medalha <giuliano at wztech.com.br> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone has some experience implementing CoS using Radius for MX Series
> with PPPoE License ?
>
> We are looking for a specific solution that:
>
> - Can allocate bandwidth of 1 Mbps for a subscriber user (PPPoE dynamic
> interface) for the first 1MB.
>
> - After the first 1MB .... we will need to reduce the bandwidth for 512
> kbps.
>
> Witch mechanism or configuration we could use to do something similar to
> that ?
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Giuliano

Hi Giuliano,

Juniper's SRC platform will do this but if you just want something simple, standard RADIUS CoA on the MX will let you change CoS filters on the fly.  You would simply trigger the CoA based on external events (such as accounting db information).

To shape someone after only 1MB would mean that your accounting interval would have to be pretty short though.

Cheers,

Ben