[j-nsp] Migration of RE between M20 and M5/10

Will Orton will at loopfree.net
Thu Apr 18 13:05:19 EDT 2013

Wondering if anyone's tried to do this before:

I need to test/set up a RE-600 in a lab M20 and then move it to a live M10.
Is there any way to get junos (9.x) to install the M5/10 PFE package while
running in the lab M20 so I don't have to have the live M10 down for a whole
'request system software add ...' cycle to get the pfe package correct.

Maybe I should buy a cheap M10 for the lab instead? That costs more than the
RE-600 of course...

-Will Orton