[j-nsp] SNMP on logical-system fxp0

Serge Vautour sergevautour at yahoo.ca
Sat Apr 20 14:57:42 EDT 2013

I've encountered many other troubles in the past trying to do this in the lab.Lat time I tried it NSR broke?!? I agree this should be pretty standard stuff but it seems to break lots of features.

We tend to put everything in inet.0 and point static routes out fxp0 for any traffic initiated by the RE. For requests inbound to the RE, we NAT the source on the routers used as the gateway off fxp0. That way all inbound requests look like they're from gateway. No return routes required.

Serge