[j-nsp] SNMP on logical-system fxp0

Brandon Ross bross at pobox.com
Wed Apr 24 19:17:55 EDT 2013

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013, Pavel Lunin wrote:

> This is what I never understood. Why people want to use fxp0 (or any
> other "dedicated management") iface for real production management?

Many operators have backbone routers with 10's of 10GbE ports and maybe
even a few 40 or 100GbE ports at this point, perhaps a variety of SONET
still, etc.

Are you suggesting that they should purchase a 10/100/1000 copper card
just for management?  Or are you suggesting that they should buy 10GbE
switches for their out of band management network?

--
Brandon Ross                                      Yahoo & AIM:  BrandonNRoss
+1-404-635-6667                                                ICQ:  2269442