[j-nsp] SNMP on logical-system fxp0

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Apr 25 14:43:48 EDT 2013

On (2013-04-25 18:07 +0100), Alex Arseniev wrote:

> No, it is not.
> fxp0 is fully functional on backup RE (including Telnet/SSH/SNMP) -
> and backup RE by default does not run any control plane functions
> apart from monitoring master RE.

Not all devices have two RE. But this indeed is what we want, ethernet port
which does not fate-share. Every gear to cheapest of the switches could
have this with no significant BOM increase. If we start asking for it from
vendors.
The desirable solution is FXP0 which is connected to separate HW in the
router, running its own miniOS (vPro/ilo/drac/cmp)

--
  ++ytti