[j-nsp] next-hop driving me crazy

Eric Krichbaum eric at telic.us
Fri Apr 26 09:36:35 EDT 2013

This should be simple but I can't get the behavior I want.

Blackhole scenario.  Customer set community, I want to see that community
and set next-hop to an address I have with a discard.  I've tried both a
discard interface and a basic static route.  Those seem ok either way.

set routing-options static route 192.0.2.1/32 discard

Route comes in and is accepted by policy.  With no next-hop 192.0.2.1
action, I see it as a valid route so I know the policy is happening.  When I
add the next-hop action, the route becomes "Next hop type: Unusable" with
"Inactive reason: Unusable path".  I don't see anything special about this
and what I translated from my cisco versions doesn't look all that different
from various black hole presentations I find.

Anyone have a magic answer?

Thanks,
Eric