[j-nsp] PSN-2013-08-987 - OSPF Advisory - Impact?

Sebastian Wiesinger juniper-nsp at ml.karotte.org
Fri Aug 2 05:16:35 EDT 2013

* Cheikh-Moussa, Ahmad <acm at axians.de> [2013-08-02 11:03]:
> Hi Sebastian,
>
> it depends on the environment. On a PtP interface it is not an issue, on a broadcast network, it could be an issue.
> In general, it is always recommended to turn authentication ( md5) on and protect the RE with a lo0 filter.

Hi,

so you mean if I have my (OSPF) routers and customer routers on the same
broadcast network? Ah no, we don't have that. That way madness lies.
;)

I would *hope* that people that have this kind of setup also enable
MD5 because otherwise what would customers prevent from just joining
the OSPF area anyway... but perhaps I'm overly optimistic.

Regards

Sebastian

--
GPG Key: 0x93A0B9CE (F4F6 B1A3 866B 26E9 450A  9D82 58A2 D94A 93A0 B9CE)
            -- Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant