[j-nsp] Juniper MX240 to Alcatel SAS-M epipe

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed Aug 7 10:24:04 EDT 2013

On (2013-08-07 11:06 +0200), Tomasz Mikołajek wrote:

> Internet but not every webpage work. I think the problem is in MTU in
> epipe. Alcatel has MTU 1522. How to calculate MTU size for MX? Thanks for
> help in advance.

MTU in martini is carried in LDP and in kompella in BGP NLRI as extended
community.
In both case it has no effect to actual forwarding nor is it enforced by
padding signaling.
In JunOS martini/l2circuit you can configure arbitrary MTU to be signalled
in the LDP, so just configure on the JunOS end what ever MTU you need to
get the signaling up.

--
  ++ytti