[j-nsp] Config archive subtleties

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Aug 8 02:55:35 EDT 2013

On (2013-08-08 02:38 -0400), Phil Shafer wrote:

> What I'd like to see is support for posting the data to https URLs
> and some plumbing on a remote web site that makes it trivial to
> drop in your repo of choice.

Posting as JSON to arbitrary https URL would be have some appealing
advantages. You could include in the JSON meta information, for example who
commit author, commit message, commit time etc.
You could then in the backend use the commit author, so 'git blame' or 'cvs
annotate' would show for each line of config who made it and when.

If you want this today, you need to monitor syslog for commits and then do
triggered pull of config and use the syslog pointed account as commit
author.
--
  ++ytti