[j-nsp] M-series IPSEC / SP interface and VRF

Alex Arseniev alex.arseniev at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 12:27:29 EST 2013

For the traffic to be encrypted, the BGP nexthop has to point into the
tunnel which means one of the below:
1/ BGP has to run inside the tunnel, or
2/ You have to have a BGP import policy to change the nexthop to
tunnel's remote address. If this is eBGP, then also add
"accept-remote-nexthop" knob.
HTH
Thanks
Alex

On 17/12/2013 16:08, Scott Harvanek wrote:
> So this works to establish the tunnels, the problem is, BGP received
> routes over the tunnel do not function correctly.  The routes are
> properly installed in the VRF but traffic to those destinations does
> not pass correctly.  Does anyone have any experience running BGP like
> this on the m-series or does it just not work on next-hop-style?
>
> Thanks,
> -SH
>
> On 11/12/13, 1:34 PM, Scott Harvanek wrote:
>> Yep excellent, I'll give it a whirl, thanks!
>>
>> Scott H.
>>
>> On 11/12/13, 1:24 PM, Alex Arseniev wrote:
>>> So, if I understand Your requirement, You want sp-0/0/0.<unit> in
>>> VRF, correct?
>>> And outgoing GE interface in inet.0?
>>> And where the decrypted packets should be placed, inet.0 or VRF?
>>> And where from the to-be-ecrypted packets should arrive, from inet.0
>>> or VRF?
>>> If the answer is "correct/inet.0/VRF/VRF" then migrate to
>>> next-hop-style IPSec and place inside sp-* unit into the VRF leaving
>>> outside sp-* unit in inet.0.
>>> HTH
>>> Thanks