[j-nsp] Need to VLAN Translate/Swap on a Trunk Interface (EX4200)

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+junipernsp at eintellegonetworks.com
Mon Dec 23 02:49:39 EST 2013

Hey all,

I need to be able to re-write/translate/swap a VLAN on one trunk port out
another trunk port.

This document:
http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB16755&cat=JUNOS_EX&actp=LIST&smlogin=true

Gives the process, but says ""swap" configuration can only be enabled on
dot1q-tunneling access ports"

The scenario is that we are taking VLANs from a wholesale provider, who are
assigning the VLANs... we are then sending them downstream to a customer,
but need to re-number due to VLAN conflicts.

Platform: EX4200
Junos: 12.3 - but willing to try anything

Thoughts anyone? Other suggestions of ways to do it welcome.

...Skeeve

linkedin.com/in/skeeve

twitter.com/theispguy ; blog: www.theispguy.com

The Experts Who The Experts Call