[j-nsp] Problem with IPv6 ND and NS

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Tue Dec 24 05:08:54 EST 2013

> I'm running into an odd problem that seems to be related to v6
> neighbor discovery on an MX960 running 9.6R4. Here is a simplified
> topology for explanation:
> Have any of you run into this type of situation? it sure is starting
> to look like a bug in this code where it isn't actually sending an NS
> message upon the arrival of traffic destined for a neighbor not in the
> cache.

Sorry, never seen this. Getting a packet capture from the server
sounds like a good idea - however, you should also be able to see
any IPv6 NS/ND activity by using "monitor traffic interface ..."
on the RouterB interface towards the host.

Also, you might want to consider a newer JunOS release. 9.6 is EOL.
Personally I would recommend at least 11.4R8.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no