[j-nsp] Juniper MAG/SA question - re: split tunneling policy and use of JSAM/WSAM

Herro91 herro91 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 12:50:02 EST 2013

Hello J-NSP and Nanog members

Hopefully this is the right forum for this discussion - if not my apologies
for further clogging your inbox.

Here it goes:

Would you consider use of JSAM/WSAM to selectively proxy and tunnel certain
applications a form of split tunneling? The traditional concept of split
tunnels looks at all traffic Layer 3 and above, versus JSAM/WSAM which
looks at application traffic at Layer 7.

The context for all of this is from a previous question I put out regarding
split tunneling policy on government networks.

Thanks!