[j-nsp] RR cluster

Brandon Ross bross at pobox.com
Wed Feb 6 19:06:04 EST 2013

On Thu, 7 Feb 2013, Huan Pham wrote:

> Lets go back to Ali question, and what he wants:

> He will need to have unique RR IDs.
>
> Pls tell me if this is not the case. Thanks.

If you take that statement very literally, then you are correct.

However, if what he really wants is for all of his routers to have a
coherent view of the routing table, then it will work either way.  I
interpret that this is really the question on the table, and if it's not,
it's the question he should be asking.

I would strongly advise against the previous suggestion of not running
iBGP between the routers.  While the topology in particular may function
without it, the next person to come along and work on the network may not
expect it to be configured inconsistent with standards and best practices
and may, thorough a seemingly unrelated change in topology, break things
horribly.

--
Brandon Ross                                      Yahoo & AIM:  BrandonNRoss
+1-404-635-6667                                                ICQ:  2269442