[j-nsp] EX4200-48PX/PoE+

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Thu Feb 7 19:17:31 EST 2013

On 07/02/2013, at 8:32 PM, Nikolay Abromov <nabromov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any workaround like on Cisco by using RPS?

I assume you're comparing against the 3750X - if you are be sure to check the data sheet very carefully - ignore the marketing blurb at the about full PoE+ at the top:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/data_sheet_c78-584733.html

you'll see that the only switch that drives 30W per port on every port simultaneously is the *24-Port version* with the 1100W power supplies in it (800W PoE budget).  The 48 Port version still has a maximum PoE budget of 800W - that's ~16W per port which is not much more than standard PoE on everyone else's switches.  I don't think using the RPS changes this at all.

On the Juniper side of the fence, it's exactly the same - EX4200-24PX with the 930W PSU has a PoE budget of 740W which will let you drive 30W per port, but the same power supply on the 48PX port version will halve that average across all ports.

As a side question - are you sure you really need to drive 30W to *every* port simultaneously?

Ben