[j-nsp] Redistribution question.

Ali Sumsam ali+junipernsp at eintellego.net
Mon Feb 11 04:24:39 EST 2013

Hi All,

My question is to clarify something that i have learned after a few hours
of troubleshooting. I Want a confirmation before i can lock down my concept.

Lets take redistribution in Cisco IOS first. If I am redistributing, lets
say from OSPF to ISIS, the routes learned via OSPF plus the interfaces
advertised in OSPF will be redistributed into ISIS.

I was doing the redistribution from OSPF to ISIS in Junos. Routes learned
vis OSPF are sent into ISIS, but the interfaces advertised in the OSPF
(of-course on the redistributing router)  are not advertised into ISIS. Is
this because my routing tables knows those subnets under "direct" and not
in the OSPF table?

Regards,
*Ali Sumsam CCIE*
*Network Engineer - Level 3*
eintellego Pty Ltd
ali at eintellego.net ; www.eintellego.net

Phone: 1300 753 383 ; Fax: (+612) 8572 9954

Cell +61 (0)410 603 531

facebook.com/eintellego
PO Box 7726, Baulkham Hills, NSW 1755 Australia

The Experts Who The Experts Call
Juniper - Cisco – Brocade - IBM