[j-nsp] MTU problems over VPLS

david.roy at orange.com david.roy at orange.com
Tue Feb 12 16:33:15 EST 2013

We hit this PR but should be fixed in your release. Double check with JTAC if there is no regression or corner case?

David

Problem Report
Number  PR568550
Title   With default settings,4 bytes lesser ip payload can be sent when MX-80 is acting as P router compared to M7i
Release Note

MPLS MTU was reserving 3 labels length apart from the MPLS labels that come in the packet. So due to this the packets were getting dropped in P router when ping packet size was 1456B for physical MTU of 1514B(excludes CRC).

Severity        Major
Status  Closed
Last Modified   2012-09-11 23:47:31 PDT
Resolved In     10.4R5 11.1R3 11.2R1 11.3R1
Operating System        Junos
Product MX-series
Functional Area software
Feature Group   Platform and Infrastructure
Workaround

Set higher MTU i.e.(X+12Bytes) in order to allow X bytes.

Triggers        * Trio platform * sending packet more than 1455B

Envoyé de mon iPad