[j-nsp] BGP RR for Labeled Unicast Family

Farhat Abbasse ab_ferhat80 at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Feb 16 16:05:01 EST 2013

HI Community,

I wonder if anyone has already tried to configure RR for labeled Unicast family ?
I have configured the BGP RR for both families inet-vpn and  labeled-unicast on the same router, the RR for the inet-vpn worked perfectly, however for Labeled Unicast family it did not work.

Below are the topology and the Configurations that I have done:

           -------
           | RR  |
         //-------\\
        //           \\
   -------          --------
   | R1  |         | R2   |
   -------          --------

RR Router:

group LU_M-iBGP {
    type internal;
    local-address 10.200.240.1;
    family inet {
        labeled-unicast
    }

    family inet-vpn {
        unicast;
    }
    export Export-Loopback;
    cluster 10.200.240.1;
    neighbor 10.200.240.2;
    neighbor 10.200.240.11;
}

policy-options policy-statement Export-Loopback
term Loopback {
    from interface lo0.0;
    then accept;
}

R1:
admin at R1# show protocols bgp
group LU_M-iBGP {
    type internal;
    local-address 10.200.240.2;
    family inet {
        labeled-unicast
    }

    family inet-vpn {
        unicast;
    }

    export Export-Loopback;
    neighbor 10.200.240.1;

}

admin at R1# show policy-options policy-statement Export-Loopback
term Loopback {
    from interface lo0.0;
    then accept;
}

R2:

admin at R2# show protocols bgp
group LU_M-iBGP {
    type internal;
    local-address 10.200.240.11;
    family inet {
        labeled-unicast
    }

    family inet-vpn {
        unicast;
    }

    export Export-Loopback;
    neighbor 10.200.240.1;

}

admin at R2# show policy-options policy-statement Export-Loopback
term Loopback {
    from interface lo0.0;
    then accept;
}

I do not know if Labeled unicast family do support Route-Reflector ?

Thanks in advance for your Support.

BR/
Farhat