[j-nsp] Best route reflector platform

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 13:30:39 EST 2013

At some point we might see a virtualized Junos especially with all the SDN
talk and various applications Juniper may want to split onto dedicated
computing hardware.  The JCS1200 is still pushed as a RR platform but
that's not exactly cheap, but the new RE has 48G of RAM.  They also
recommend using the PTX as a route reflector since it has a 16G, runs
64-bit Junos, and by default doesn't download BGP routes into the FIB.
Now that's a really expensive route reflector. :)

I would agree right now the MX240 is probably the best option with the 16G
RE.

Phil