[j-nsp] Setting IGP metrics in BGP import policies

Rob Foehl rwf at loonybin.net
Thu Feb 28 16:48:48 EST 2013

I'm looking for an equivalent of 'then metric igp' that would actually
work in a BGP import policy, specifically such that the resulting MEDs
would be redistributed to iBGP neighbors.  'path-selection med-plus-igp'
seems to be purely local, and 'then metric igp' is explicitly documented
as only working in eBGP export policies, so I doubt even the combination
would accomplish what I'm after.

The obvious answer would be to just set the metric explicitly in separate
import policies, but that results in a lot of extra config.  Are there any
clever ways to do this, or am I crazy for even trying?

-Rob