[j-nsp] DDOS and MX-240's

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Mon Jan 7 00:41:06 EST 2013

On Jan 6, 2013, at 11:14 PM, Richard Gross wrote:

> I am seeking advise.  If you wanted to block 800K /32's from your inbound pipes, how would you do it?

You don't need nor want to do this.  Flowspec and S/RTBH are very useful tools for blocking, as Chris indicated, but nobody needs to block 800K /32s.

Why don't you tell us about your actual DDoS problem?  That way, we can help you with more practical suggestions.

;>

	  Luck is the residue of opportunity and design.

		       -- John Milton